IMPROVING THE LIVES AND THE ENVIRONMENT OF COMMUNITIES IN COFFEE AND COCOA PRODUCING COUNTRIES
- A private, not-for-profit foundation, and one of its kind in Europe, created by Efico in 2003 to promote sustainable coffee and cocoa production.
- Through certification, training and education programs, launching or re - launching agricultural production in difficult areas and infrastructure, we work to improve the lives of producers and their families.
- Through the Efico Foundation we can stimulate dynamic public-private partnerships towards sustainable development.
- Since the Efico Foundation was founded, it has supported more than 50 sustainable development projects in 16 different coffee and cocoa producing countries.
- Today, more than 50 roasters in 7 different countries joined the Efico Foundation, four governmental organizations participate financially or through their development agencies in projects, together with more than 60 different organizations.
- Through the activities of the Efico Foundation, the Efico Group and the participationg members, such as BIOCO, are active in their commitment to the principles of the UN Global Compact.
- The Efico Foundation works closely with organizations that protect the ecosystems and conditions of people in producing countries.
- The Efico Foundation label ensures that the extra we pay for our coffee is 100% invested in the people and their families behind each bean.